The Partnership for Change worked to remodel public education in Winooski and Burlington, Vermont in order to better prepare our young people for success in today’s complex and rapidly changing world.Learn more.
At the heart of the Partnership for Change’s philosophy was the belief that the talent and drive needed to move our schools forward lie within our communities. As a result, the Partnership involved as many stakeholders as possible in the remodeling of our schools.Learn more.
Remodeling our schools continues to be a multifaceted and long-term process, and there are exciting changes to our schools! We documented our process using videos, pictures, blog posts, and first-hand accounts from our teachers and students.Learn more.
Independent Study Experience – by Cai McCannBurlington High School senior Cai McCann shares her reflection on her independent study experience as a volunteer for the Bernie Sanders campaign in the Fall of 2015.
Winooski & Burlington Visit New York CityA reflection on the Partnership sponsored, two-day learning tour in New York City from Winooski junior, Thong "Key" Nguyen.
The Partnership for Change has been supported by a multi-year grant from the Nellie Mae Education Foundation to implement student-centered learning in Winooski and Burlington High Schools. This effort has worked to engage the collective wisdom of our students, teachers, parents and community members. We used our resources to pilot and implement new methods of teaching and learning in order to remodel the public education system to align with what all young people need to thrive in a complex global society. Click below to learn about some of our most impactful efforts.
- No events
Big Picture Learning and International Network for Public Schools Proudly Welcome Hal Colston to the First Cohort of Deeper Learning Equity FellowsBIG PICTURE LEARNING AND INTERNATIONALS NETWORK FOR PUBLIC SCHOOLS PROUDLY WELCOME HAL COLSTON read more »
Burlington and Winooski Continue Partnership to Redesign School for All Learners with Support from the Nellie Mae Education FoundationBurlington, Vermont – Three years ago, Burlington and Winooski School Districts partnered read more »
This was first published in the Burlington School District Spotlight Vol. 8. No. 1 on Sept. 2, read more »
- Pre-#YLI2016 meeting with @BTVSchools & @WinooskiLearns! So excited for next week @AnnenbergInst @NellieMaeEdFdn https://t.co/C2qD1SpHRZ
- Nellie Mae facilitating a student voice conversation. @hcolston1 #thebang2016 #stuvoice. https://t.co/7kMKCw4WlL
- How to end 3 days of #amplifystuvoice ? Throw paper airplanes of course! https://t.co/Bd28i42EPB
- Check out @WinooskiLearns student Rainbow in the top right as featured speaker for #NobleImpact16 #amplifystuvoice https://t.co/eO9qgcntwm
- We need someone to translate amazing research from higher Ed in #amplifystuvoice for k-12 practitioners desperate for info to support work