Last spring, the Family-School Partnership Implementation Team commissioned a study of family-school communication in Burlington and Winooski. Based on these results, the team will recommend changes to ensure that all families can be fully engaged in their children’s education.View the full report.
On November 2, more than 160 people gathered at Winooski Middle/High School to imagine a school system designed for all learners. Through small-group discussions led by students, our community came up with a wide range of ideas that will guide the school redesign process going forward.Learn more.
Want to help move our schools forward? Come to our next Implementation Team meeting to learn about and take part in the work being done to redesign Winooski and Burlington schools.Learn more.
At the heart of the Partnership for Change’s philosophy is the belief that the talent and drive needed to move our schools forward lie within our communities. As a result, the Partnership seeks to involve as many stakeholders as possible in the remodeling of our schools.Learn more.
Working Together, We Can Do BetterStudents from Burlington High School helped plan and facilitate intergenerational conversations on race and equity in our community last week at ECHO Lake and Aquarium Center.
Intergenerational Community Based LearningIntergenerational community based learning builds relationships, offers relevance to the world outside of school walls and fosters rigor and persistence in students.
We will draw upon the collective wisdom of the students, teachers, parents and community members of Winooski and Burlington, Vermont in remodeling the public education system to align with what all young people need to thrive in a complex global society.
The Partnership for Change is thrilled to launch a Cross-Cultural Storytelling Project for high read more »
Above: YES students farm on Burlington's Intervale. Tuesday, May 28, 2013 marked the start read more »
The Partnership awards mini-grants to strengthen family-school partnerships and community-school connectionsAbove: Winooski students "spring into arts" with the help of community partners.Throughout May read more »
- A strength from SWOT Analysis Fri. w/ BHS students. "Before @partnershipvt my parents didn't get involved in my education. Now they are."
- RT @802matthew: Great week for @WinooskiiLab presentations: @WinooskiLearns board meeting, first ever SHARE IT NIGHT, and @partnershipvt iT…
- RT @ErikaBTV: Phenomenal turnout at #CBL I-Team meeting tonight! Prioritizing projects we want to tackle this year w/ BHS + WHS. http://t.c…
- Join us tonight for our November Implementation Team Meeting! 6-7:30 pm at Winooski Middle/High School. http://t.co/88BSmFc7Hh
- Tim Wise takes us through race-systems/structures, denial, subconscious bias, and narrative/language. Let's keep it going #bsdvt #winooski