At the heart of the Partnership for Change’s philosophy is the belief that the talent and drive needed to move our schools forward lie within our communities. As a result, the Partnership seeks to involve as many stakeholders as possible in the remodeling of our schools.Learn more.
Exploring The Future — Inquiry-Based Learning and Civic EngagementThe idea seemed simple enough: Engage students in an authentic civic process, as opposed to an arbitrary “assignment” invented by me as a teacher.
Depth? Richness? Relevance? YES!One exciting thing about the YES program is just how many different ways BHS teachers are approaching teaching and learning.
We will draw upon the collective wisdom of the students, teachers, parents and community members of Winooski and Burlington, Vermont in remodeling the public education system to align with what all young people need to thrive in a complex global society.
Above: YES students farm on Burlington's Intervale. Tuesday, May 28, 2013 marked the start read more »
The Partnership awards mini-grants to strengthen family-school partnerships and community-school connectionsAbove: Winooski students "spring into arts" with the help of community partners.Throughout May read more »
The Partnership for Change is pleased to introduce our new cohort of fellows. These fellows read more »
- Check out this video of WHS students participating in @thevycc Food and Farm Program #communityconnect #winooski http://t.co/NNZoIOPhwn
- Students share about animal advocacy issues of their choice at today's presentation of learning #YESbhs13 #bsdvt http://t.co/KUBKMgZ9Wb
- #YESbhs13 whitewater rafting group presents their learning #bsdvt http://t.co/w68XU8LBCu
- #bhs principal Mellencamp welcomes students to the last day of school and to the presentation of learning #yesbhs13 http://t.co/0QGMZ74xtA
- Here is it #btv, #bsdvt, #winooski - the film the #YESbhs13 Zombie Studies class produced. Enjoy! http://t.co/IuuaPxj18f